Inotek pursued a unique funding strategy in its early stages. From 1997-2004, the Company was highly effective in attracting non-dilutive funding, raising over $50 million through federal and private grants and contracts. Since 2004, Inotek has raised additional equity capital, securing over $100 million from top-tier biotechnology and pharmaceutical investors.
Inotek’s current investors include the following:
Care Capital LLC
– Care Capital is an investment firm focusing on opportunities in life sciences, particularly companies developing pharmaceuticals.
Devon Park Bioventures
– Devon Park Bioventures is a venture capital fund targeting investments in therapeutics companies and, in certain cases, medical device, diagnostic and drug discovery technology companies.
– MedImmune Ventures is a wholly owned venture capital subsidiary of MedImmune, Inc., a leading biotechnology company. MedImmune Ventures seeks to discover and invest in companies and organizations developing therapeutic products or technologies with significant potential to improve the treatment or prevention of human disease.
Pitango Venture Capital
– Pitango Venture Capital is Israel’s largest venture capital firm and a lead investor in seed, early, and expansion stage companies. Pitango has helped grow over 100 companies, managing funds in excess of $1 billion in committed capital.
– Rho Ventures is a venture capital firm with extensive investments in the healthcare, information technology, and communications sectors.
Horizon Technology Finance Corporation (NASDAQ: HRZN)
– Horizon Technology Finance Corporation is a business development company that provides secured loans to development-stage companies backed by established venture capital and private equity firms within the technology, life science, healthcare information and services, and clean-tech industries.
(Click on name above to link to the investor’s corporate website. By clicking on these links, the user understands that he/she is leaving Inotek Pharmaceuticals Corporation’s website.)
This page contains forward-looking statements. Such statements are subject to certain factors which may cause Inotek’s plans to differ or results to vary from those expected, including the results of pre-clinical or clinical studies (including termination or delay in clinical programs or inability to move forward to the next Phase of clinical development), the need for additional research and testing, delays in developing or arranging satisfactory manufacturing capability, inability to access capital and funding on a timely basis and on favorable terms, delays in development of or adverse changes in status of commercial relationships, the possibility that favorable results of earlier clinical trials are not predictive of safety and efficacy results in later clinical trials, dependence on strategic partners for performance of development and commercial matters, the risk that third parties won’t agree to license us on reasonable terms their intellectual property necessary for us to develop and commercialize our products, and a variety of other risks.